Thu, Sep 21|
Odessa County Annex Building
VOLUNTEER DEPUTY REGISTRAR CERTIFICATION TRAINING
VDR are entrusted with the responsibility of officially registering voters in the Texas. They are appointed by county voter registrars and charged with helping increase voter registration in the state. This training is for you if you are interested in becoming Deputy Registrar in Ector County.
Time & Location
Sep 21, 6:00 PM – Sep 23, 7:00 AM
Odessa County Annex Building, 1010 E 8th St #100, Odessa, TX 79761, USA
About the Event
To be appointed a volunteer deputy registrar, a person must:
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a United States citizen;
- not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to betotally mentally incapacitated; or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- never have been convicted of failing to deliver a voter registration application to a voter registrar;
- not have been finally convicted of a felony, or, if convicted, must have:fully discharged the sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or completed a period of probation ordered by any court; or been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote;
- not have been finally convicted of identity theft under Section 32.51 of the Penal Code; and
- be a resident of the State of Texas.